Z-Axis Connector Elements can be used to connect pads arranged in concentric rings with the following advantages: |
· Threaded components can be used to create compression, the quality of the adhesive bond of the connector wires to the elastomeric substrate can withstand the sliding and wiping force of the assembly operation.
· Signal and power connections can be made with the same connector by increasing the size of the pads.
· Shock and vibration issues are a concern, our elastomeric elements can be considered dampening, anti-vibration solderless connectors
· A low unit and tooling cost custom connection is required.
· Existing fine pitch mechanical connectors are too fragile.
· Connectors need to be easily replaced.
· Vertical space is at a premium.
· Horizontal space is at a premium.
· Angular orientation is not required, although linear registration must be achieved.
· A gasket like seal is made.
· Solder bridging of high density connections is a problem.
Z-Axis Connector Elements are squeezed between two substrates to achieve electrical connection. Surface-to-surface contact and a gasket like seal is made that allows for mating differing pad metallurgies such as gold flash, carbon ink, silver ink, or indium-tin-oxide (ITO). In most applications, a retaining slot positions the element. Ribs in the slot allow for expansion during compression. Molding slots directly into the end-unit housing can achieve advantages in cost and ease of assembly.|
Our manufacturing process is both flexible and efficient allowing us to sample and produce custom sizes quickly. Please contact us today, we welcome your interest in our products and discussing how they can fit your application.